Sunday 23 June 2013

End of week 2

Miles run since start of training: 58
Days to go to race: 104 days


I bought two new pairs of trainers this week - my last pair's soles were coming apart . I did only mean to buy one pair but then the shop assistant in the running shop in Hyde  told me the sale was on and gave me the hard sell about alternating between two different pairs of trainers when running every day .....so good for your feet and so good for your trainers ( win /win situation...) ........ and oh she must have seen coming....I tapped in my PIN number and pressed enter and prayed I'd enough in my account!


Also bought a pair of rather embarrassing knee high white compression socks. (Photo to laugh at to follow next week)
Why?   Hot weather and sitting all day at work = swollen ankles and now I'm running in evenings after work, I need something to squish all the fluid sloshing around my ankles upwards so I can actually put one foot in front of another.
The real reason: Paula Radcliffe wears them so they've got to be good and I need all the help I can get.

If you have a chance please look at the websites for the charities I'm running for:

www.stockportwithoutabuse.org.uk 

It's aim to help and support people affected in Stockport by domestic violence through it's helpline ( 0161-477-4721) but also through outreach, it's refuge, outreach service for children,education and advisory service for court process and housing.

One in four women will experience domestic violence at some point in their lifetime.

On average, two women a week are killed by their partner or former partner

www.MSF.org

Medicins sans Frontiers - has worked as an independent international medical humanitarian organisation  delivering emergency aid since 1971. It provides assistance to people worldwide dependent on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
 For more about MSF ( MSF in 40 secs ) http://youtu.be/mXV8lTgETks


Justgiving account details coming soon!

Thanks

Melanie






No comments:

Post a Comment